Canadian Federation of Aromatherapists Mission Statement
The Canadian Federation of Aromatherapists, the CFA, supports, fosters and educates professional aromatherapists. We are dedicated to providing current, best practice information about the safe and effective use of essential oils and aromatic materials.
The CFA aims to be the leading provider of aromatherapy education and information nationally and internationally
- The CFA, established in 1993, is a non-profit, federally chartered, national association which is sponsored by membership fees, fund raising events and contributions
- The CFA is a volunteer-based organization responsive to the needs of our members. To facilitate its mission and vision, it relies on member participation and feedback
- The CFA is committed to providing public access to professional aromatherapists who are trained and certified in the safe use of essential oils
- The CFA designations are:
- Certified Aromatherapy Health Professional, CAHP
- Governed by a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, we uphold the highest standards and guidelines in education and practice for professional aromatherapists
- In addition to supporting, fostering and promoting professional aromatherapists and the safe practice of aromatherapy, we are dedicated to providing current and accessible information about the safe and effective use of essential oils within clinical and home environments to both our members and the general public
- The CFA is committed to connecting with the general public, institutions, and government bodies regarding aromatherapy information and best practices
- We are composed of both Canadian and international members
- A non-profit association, the CFA is sponsored by membership fees, fund-raising events and contributions
- We are committed to our goals of providing exceptional continuing educational opportunities to our members, to fostering growth and high standards for practice within the aromatherapy profession, and to providing current and relevant information to both our members and the public
- We publish a quarterly publication, CFA Newsletter, for our members, and we provide public online access to a directory of professional practitioners who have fulfilled the CFA’s exemplary/rigorous educational requirements.